In June 2019, we celebrated our 25th anniversary! God used stages and milestones to assess our faithfulness and perseverance in serving through media. We started by translating & distributing programs to secular Romanian TV stations and on tape. Next, we began producing our own programs. We were pioneers in Romanian digital media, media, publishing and follow-up, and then we launched Alfa Omega TV, our 24-hour satellite TV network. From small beginnings to a multi-faced media ministry ! Our ministry arose by and is sustained through prayer, and God uses it to prepare His Bride.
2019 - key stats
- Alfa Omega TV Channel - In Romania’s “must-carry” list since 2010.Alfa Omega TV channel can be seen in virtually all cable networks in Romania. Potential TV audience: 11-12 million (of the country’s total of ~20 million). Dominant age on TV: 45+ years.
- TV production - 705 hours of Christian programs were produced/subtitled in 2019 (180 films and documentaries, many other talk-shows and ministry programs). We produce 6 TV series on a regular basis.
- Secular TV distribution - 20 hours of Christian programs distributed to 30+ affiliated commercial secular TV networks every month in 2019 (watched by ~10% of the population of the region it covers); AO programs often in prime-time.
- Website - 1750 posts in 2019 (21.000 total): articles, videos, other resources. 384k unique visitors in 2019 (7% increase from 2018). Top interests: 23% videos & live TV, 22% news, 18% spiritual life, 12% relevance in society. Dominant age - site: 25-45 years.
- SOCIAL MEDIA - On Youtube-Facebook combined, in 2019, we had 14.4 million video views (26% increase from 2018). 1500 videos uploaded on social media in 2019 (10.000 total). Dominant age - social media: 25-45 yo.
Alfa Omega TV Magazine (print)10th year in print. In 2019, we distributed 50,000 free magazines. Since 2011, 575,000 copies have been distributed.
- PRAYER and MINISTRY - In 2019, we prayed for about 5000 prayer requests and aired 26 live TV shows with prayer and ministry for viewers.
2019 - Key Projects
In 2019, we developed 3 one-month multimedia campaigns on topics important for the Romanian society. During such campaigns, we air tens of topical TV programs on AOTV and affiliated TV stations and publish many articles online and in print.
Pro-Life and Pro-Family was our first campaign, in March (abortion, adoption, sex education, family issues). We had the Understanding the Times campaign in May, with a Christian perspective on current events, with a focus on Israel. The Science and Creationism campaign in September addressed evolution and creation, the science-faith relationship, apologetics, etc.
REFLECTING GOD’S WORK IN ROMANIA & THE WORLD
We do our best to help Romanian believers understand the times. In 2019, in partnership with other Christian news agencies, we produced and aired approximately 100 news programs, 30min each, with news and reports from all over the world.
We produced 76 video reports from Romania in 2019 (3-8min each), showing how the Romanian Church impacts society and brings God’s presence into the world. We were media partners for many NGOs & churches, filming and webcasting live from dozens of events, airing the recordings later for additional impact.
TELEVISION - Our main focus and start of AO ministry
ALFA OMEGA TV Channel
On air since 2006, the Alfa Omega TV channel is included in our national audiovisual authority’s “must-carry” list of channels for the tenth year in a row (renewed in January 2020).
The AOTV channel offers a variety of programs for a large audience spectrum: movies, documentaries, music, clean entertainment, talk-shows, news programs, cartoons, ministry programs, seminars and sermons, devotionals. While two thirds of the TV audience is over 45 years old, a third is younger.
DISTRIBUTION TO SECULAR TV NETWORKS
Alongside airing the Alfa Omega TV channel, we continued to provide around 20 hours / month of Christian programs to 30 secular TV networks in Romania, mainly films, documentaries, music, cartoons, news and talk-shows. This project started in 1994.
The audience on digital channels (site, social media, mobile) has been rising constantly and complements our TV reach, 66% of the digital users being under 45 years old.
We post many articles, news, testimonies, with a focus on video. Interaction is also important.
We continued to print our free AOTV Magazine (50k issues in 2019, 575k in total since 2011). 2019 topics: Church history, Church and society, faith and work, Church and state, Israel.
In 2019, we distributed another 47,000 free books and brochures for ministry and discipleship (575,000 in total).
We have published 13 new books in 2019 through our publishing house (240+ in total, distributed via webstore and affiliates), on topics as intercession, spiritual warfare, discipleship.
Most of our audience is not born again. Via TV programs or web resources, we always present the Gospel in the homes we’re allowed in. We adapt our content to various age groups and interests.
2. Direct Ministry
We are doing our best to provide prayer and ministry to those in need, through live TV programs and through our prayer and follow-up ministry.
3. Spiritual life & growth
Many of our media resources are for discipleship, to help people deal with issues and personal problems, know God better, grow spiritually and be equipped for ministry.
4. Christian relevance in society
Every Christian is called to be salt and light, as they know God, mature and deal with issues. We do our best to encourage and equip regular believers to represent the Kingdom effectively in their context, from Monday to Sunday.
5. Understanding the times
More than just being spiritually mature and a light, we believe it is important for Christians to understand the times we live in, to prepare and to prayerfully respond to them. We present realities from a Christian perspective.
6. Reflecting God’s work in ROmania, EUROPE and THE WORLD
By reflecting what God is doing through His Church, we connect believers and broaden their perspective. We are witness and part of God’s work in Romania and abroad.
Alfa Omega TV at a glance
- Translation & subtitling house - since 1994
- TV production studio - since 1999
- TV channel airing over Europe - since 2006. Now available in all cable networks in Romania
- Christian programs through secular TV channels in several countries - since 1994
- Digital media: site with 20.000+ pages, strong social media presence, mobile, streaming
- Publishing house; online bookstore;
- Most printed Christian Magazine in Romania
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Non-denominational Christian values
- Many partnerships in Romania and abroad
- News, reports, talk-shows. Multilingual programs for ethnic groups in the Balkans. Target area: Romania, Balkans, Eastern Europe
- Equipping the Church with media resources
- More than just media - Prayer & discipleship ministry; connection with local churches for effective follow-up
- Multimedia campaigns: Pro-life & Pro-family; Science and Creationism; Israel, Islam and understanding the times, Christians in society.
- NRB Intl. TV Ministry Awards (2002, 2010)